DON'T BE IN THE DOG HOUSE
Clean-up your property quick! Fire season will be here before you know it and so will Weed Abatement Inspections performed by the Santa Rosa Fire Department. Here are 8 steps to consider when preparing for both:
1. Finish your weed abatement by May 31, 2013. Inspections begin June 1, 2013, and will continue throughout the dry season.
2. All parcels less than 5 acres in size must have all combustible growth in excess of 4” in height disked or mowed and then removed.
3. Disking is more effective than mowing because re-growth is slowed.
4. Prevent fire by cutting early in the morning versus later in the day when weather becomes hot and windy and fires can spread quickly. It’s a good idea to have fire extinguishing equipment with you when cutting weeds.
5. Inspect your property periodically and abate re-growth throughout the entire dry season. Mowing or disking once will not last through the entire summer. Re-growth will occur - please be prepared to address it.
6. Remove all rubbish, any dead vegetation, and obstructions to complete abatement of your property.
7. Sidewalks, planter strips, alleys and ditches adjacent to your parcel are the responsibility of the property owner.
8. Hillsides and other steep properties still need to be abated, even if that requires handwork.
Additional help and information may be found at here or call the Fire Department at 707-543-3540 or email@example.com for further information about weed abatement.