The following links provide additional information on topics and themes related to the City’s Greenhouse Gas Reduction Program.
- Climate Change Science
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation
- California Legislation Links
- State Climate Action Planning Resources
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and Climate Change
- AB 32, the 2006 California Global Warming Solutions Act
Assembly Bill 32 requires California to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to 1990 levels by 2020. The 2008 AB 32 Scoping Plan identifies early action and long-term measures to achieve this goal, including a recommended reduction by local governments.
- SB 375, Regional Targets for Transportation-Related Emissions Reductions
SB 375 enhances California's ability to reach its AB 32 goals by promoting good planning with the goal of more sustainable communities.
- SB 97, CEQA Guidelines and Climate Change
SB 97 (Dutton), adopted in 2007, directs the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) to develop recommended changes to the State’s CEQA guidelines to address greenhouse gas emissions.
- California Attorney General Comment Letters on CEQA and Climate Change
California Attorney General Jerry Brown has been active in commenting on CEQA documents that do not adequately address greenhouse gas emissions according to SB 97.
- Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) CEQA Guidelines for Addressing GHG Emissions - The BAAQMD adopted an update to their CEQA Guidelines in December 2010. The update includes GHG thresholds of significance to ensure that the Bay Area meets AB 32 targets. http://www.baaqmd.gov/Divisions/Planning-and-Research/CEQA-GUIDELINES/Updated-CEQA-Guidelines.aspx